Sometimes, I need a few messages

Sometimes, I need a few messages

I am Christian. I believe in God's word, but I am also human and Italian, which means that I am hard-headed.
I know that sometimes, when I get a message, I hear it, and yet I still need another message to confirm the first one. You know, just in case. I want to make sure I hear the first two messages right, so I need just one more... just one more to make sure.

When I get all three messages, then I know that this is for me. Now, some of you are laughing because this might be you as well. Look, we are all human, and sometimes we need to see it and feel it to believe it. Even if we have faith, we still need these confirmations to know for sure.

God has a lot of patience with me, and I am thankful for that. He knows I am hard-headed...so over and over again, he will give me three messages. He will let me open the doors he has shut for me, even when he knows he has better for me just because he knows I have to find out the hard way.

God knows my heart. He knows I have crazy faith. He knows, I believe, even when the storms are coming at me and they are so bad that I can hardly stand up. He knows I believe anything is possible with him, but he also knows I am still fairly new in my walk with him. Sometimes, I question to see if it's his voice or my own, and this is why I need signs.

Time and time again, I ask for signs. I even bargain with him. Yes, I asked him, "Okay, you want me to give this money to so and so...well if I turn around and she's the first person I see I will" and yup, you guessed it, there she was.

Or when he put it in my heart to start this business, I asked for a specific sign...bam three days later Groupon called and approved me after turning me down over and over but I needed another sign. Two days later, some stranger in church told me not to worry about this business I was starting, that God told her to tell me it would be fine. I was so shocked that I went into an ugly cry.

But still, I wasn't convinced that he would take care of me, so I took another job only to have God step in and close that door. Yes, I was the first person ever to be let go on their first day.
He did that so that I could trust him completely, and of course, I did, and 12 years later, I'm still trusting him with this business. Yes, it's been all God, and it's all good.

I remember a few years ago when I prayed about my circumstances because the storms were coming at me yet again. I asked for a word from him, and when I went to church, my church husband gave me the one I needed, but God knew I needed more, so the message that day was about fear. It was the same exact message my church husband had just given to me, and so church husband turns around and says,
 "See, God knows your hard-headed self and gave you another sign just in case you didn't listen to me." 
He was right. He knew me so well. So does God, and just in case I didn't get it, the following Wednesday, he gave me another message at church as well....Yes, I get it God...you know me and know how I am.

I am trying, and the messages are getting closer to each other. The more patience God has with me, the more I realize the signs are mine and am starting to listen to that inner voice, his voice in me. But I will forever be human, and as much as I try, I will continue to make mistakes, and so I will thank him again in advance for his grace.

So today, my friends, remember we are all works in progress. We all screw up, and we all question what God is showing us. We may question that voice we hear, but we all are human just trying to be the person God has made us to be. Some of us just take longer than others, and it's okay because God knows this, and he still loves us in spite of our faults. Yes, he knows I need more than one message, and maybe you do too.
God has messages for all of us... we just need to listen even if we need a few.

"Be the change you want to see,"
@TreadmillTreats

Comments

Popular Posts