Social media trolls

Social media trolls

It's amazing how so many people out in the social media world have something to say about everything. Now I realize that when you are out here, no matter if you're an influencer or writer or a public figure, you are put out there for scrutiny by everybody. You put your life out there, and that's what happens, so you better be ready.

Here's the question: Why do they do it? What's the reasoning behind it? Is it because they always have to be right? Do they like to put other people down? Would they have big enough balls to say that to somebody face to face?

 Yeah, I doubt that, behind a computer screen, everybody has big balls, in person... Yeah, not so much. 
The internet trolls came after me recently. If you know me or follow me you know that I write about all kinds of things. I wrote this article about why men lie. Now, I am writing this article from my point of view about the men I have dated in the past. Don't get me wrong, I know women lie all the time. I've even admitted to being a liar in my marriage, but it's obvious they didn't read that blog.
But this was an article about dating, and I have never dated a woman, so I can't speak about how women lie in a relationship that they are in.
I can only talk about me, about what I've been through. This is my experience, but that doesn't matter because here comes the haters, ripping me apart about how women lie too and what's wrong with me, how stupid I was to say this.

Even when I stated yet again that this was only my point of view, it didn't matter. The next article I wrote was about the dangers of online dating. I had been watching the show about these women who were killed by men they met on online dating. Again, they came after me saying I was paranoid? Did I think every man out there was going to kill me on a dating app? Again, with how stupid I was and that I watched too much TV. 

Seriously, these MFs have nothing better to do than say shit to put people down.
I was giving tips to other women who were maybe not familiar with online dating or maybe just needed a reminder of what could happen. Hello! This has obviously happened to other women in the past, and because of that, it makes me stupid? That makes me paranoid? All because I am giving tips to stay smart and stay alive?
Give me a break, trolls! 

Warning other women out there to keep their eyes open and make sure nothing happens to them is who I am. I try to uplift women, I try to hopefully teach them the lessons that were hard for me, but here are the trolls who have to say something yet again.

I wish someone was out there when I got divorced to give me these tips as I knew none of this. Look, the only time I'm looking down on somebody is if I am giving them a hand up! I don't put people down. It doesn't make me feel better or superior. If somebody has a different opinion than I do, I might say in my head you're an asshole but I keep it to myself and keep it moving. I refuse to fight with someone because their opinion is different from mine, now that's just craziness, and besides, I have a life and have no time for pettiness. 

It doesn't make my day to troll and be a Karen who thinks my opinion is the end all to be all. It's my opinion, and it's like the saying about assholes. Everyone has one.
I have no time to stop and debate whether my opinion is better than yours.
But if you want to, you keep going right ahead because we all know your game.

So today, my friends, don't let the trolls get to you, even Jesus had trolls. It's okay. People are going to talk shit until the end of time. You keep doing you, you be the best you you can be. You keep inspiring others with your truth and kindness, and if no one else sees it, you keep doing it anyway.
Don't allow anyone's words to change who you are. Know your worth and know that there will always be a troll out there trying to break you down, but know that you are stronger. 
"Be the change you want to see,"
@TreadmillTreats 

Comments

Popular Posts