Traveling the world

Traveling the world 

So if you know me or follow me you know that I love to travel. I will pack my lunches every day, only eat out once a week, and never buy Starbucks just to save my money to travel. Everything I do I do with travel in mind. I pay all my monthly bills on my credit cards just to get the points to travel for free.
There is nothing I love more than seeing how other people live. What their beliefs are, their cultures, and of course my favorite thing, what their foods are like. 

I have a United Nations of Friends. I am always asking them about how they were raised, their culture and customs. I am so interested in hearing about our differences and what we have in common in other religions or cultures. I am happy that we are not all the same but that we are all different and unique.

Recently, on a trip to Guadalajara,Mexico, I had expectations of what it would be. Here's the thing we should never assume, remember what your mother told you happens when you assume? Yeah, that.
I assumed, and it definitely made an ass out of me. I didn't realize that it would be a beautiful city filled with all kinds of industries just like we have here. They had Costco, Walmart, McDonald's, and everything we do. It was also filled with many years of tradition, like The Day of the Dead and why they do what they do. 
They all celebrate at the gravesites of their loved ones who passed with food and music. They tell stories and bring pictures to keep their memories alive. At first, you may think it's morbid, but actually, it is so touching.

They also have one of the biggest lakes in Mexico, where many people go for the weekends. I didn't know that American money isn't used here, like in Cancun or Cozumel. And that most people don't speak English. Who knew? I didn't and I wouldn't have if I didn't come. 

There are so many things you can learn by traveling and so many things your mind will be open to. You will see things that will immediately make you grateful for your life back home, and yet it will teach you that some of the poorest people have the most joy. 

So today my friends don't say you can't afford to travel or you're going to wait. If Covid taught us anything, it is that you never know what will happen. You can be gone tomorrow. Open your mind up to new places, new people, and new things. Don't just go to the tourist places, see the culture around you. Immerse yourself in because nothing opens your mind more than traveling the world.
“Be the change you want to see “ 
@TreadmillTreats




Check out my daily blogs @ https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1

Www.treadmilltreats.com 

**Now released my latest book**

The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed

https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19

***Now available***

My 1st book The blessing in Disguise 

Selling on my website:

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

And on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise

http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise

My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:

https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

Twitter: treadmill treats 

Instagram: treadmilltreats

Facebook :treadmill treats

Http://Www.treadmilltreats.com

#treadmilltreats 
#Theblessingindisguise 
#blog 
#blogger 
#love 
#instagram 
#lifestyle 
#blogging
#influencer 
#bloggers
#bloggerlife 
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration 
#success 
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry

Comments

Popular Posts