Living with Osteoporosis

Living with osteoporosis

So if you know me or follow me, you know that I am a workout queen. I have been working out since I was in high school. Way before, it was popular for women to be at the gym, yes, back in the dinosaur days. I am up every morning at 5:00 a.m. to work out. 
I lift weights, I do yoga, I do my TRX machine, I do Pilates, I ride my bike and walk every day. I've even tried aerial yoga, pole dancing, and boxing. You name it, I've done it, it's just who I am. 

I also eat right, I pack my own breakfast and lunch, and I don't eat out for dinner except for once a week. My food is as clean as possible. I hardly eat anything bad unless I'm going home, and then, of course, all bets are off. What do you expect? I am a New Yorker. 

So you would think being this healthy I would not be the type of person to get osteoporosis but guess again. When the doctor told me this, I was shocked. Then the doctor said I should go on a once a month shot called Evenity as this would bring up my bone density levels.

I researched it, it seemed good and I decided to do it. When I went back a year later for my bone scans, I went from osteoporosis to osteopenia. Great, I thought, it worked, and it was good. Then the doctor said I should now go on another drug called Prolia, a every 6 month shot. I would have to be on it for the next 4 years, and then my bone density would stay at the rate it's at now. 

So because I trusted her from the first shot, I didn't do my own research and shame on me because everybody has to be their own health advocate in this day and age. The drug companies are just trying to push their drugs and make more money, and the doctors are probably getting kickbacks for the drugs they're pushing. Don't believe me? There's many documentaries, especially on Netflix, about this. This is not a conspiracy theory. By no means, the drug companies don't care about anyone but the bottom line. 

Anyway, I decided to go and get the shot. I was fine after the first shot. It wasn't until months later that I felt really sick. I was tired all the time, and my body ached, I just didn't feel like me. I was gaining weight and I couldn't understand why as I was exercising more and counting everything I ate. Then I went to every doctor and had every kind of blood test and test done to find out the reason. I never associated it with the shot I had months ago. 

I was shocked when everything came back saying that I was healthy, but I sure as hell didn't feel healthy. Before I was the Energizer Bunny, everybody would tell me that I would go and go and go, but now I could hardly pick my head up off the pillow. Some days, I had to drag my ass out of bed at 5:00 a.m.
and it was killing me just to get through the day.

Then I was on Facebook, and I happened to see something about osteoporosis. I started going down this rabbit hole, learning about the drug that they gave me from others' experiences. It was because I did not research this on my own that I came to find out that this drug has way more side effects than what is actually treating the problem.
These side effects include not being able to just get off of this drug because if you do, you'll have bone breakage. (Something it's supposed to help!!!) 
It also makes your cholesterol higher and your blood pressure higher. You have a higher risk of heart attack and breast cancer, plus all the things I was experiencing. 

I was so angry that the doctor never explained any of this to me. She never told me about all the risks, she never told me this was a “Black box” drug meaning the FDA made them put this warning that it was one of the worst drugs on the market. But shame on me, I should have done my own research like I always do but sometimes you get complacent and you trust the person that's supposed to be the expert, that was definitely the wrong move.

So today, my friends, my advice to you is to do your research, ask the questions, and dig deep into the medicines they are so quick to hand out. The pharmaceutical companies don't care about you. The doctors are too busy to care, only you care about you. Be your own advocate, and if you're like me, decide to go the all natural way instead. I am hoping that maybe this will help others before it's too late. 
Like I tell you all the time, only you can be the change you want to see. 
@TreadmillTreats
Check out my daily blogs @ https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1

Www.treadmilltreats.com 

**Now released my latest book**

The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed

https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19

***Now available***

My 1st book The blessing in Disguise 

Selling on my website:

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

And on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise

http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise

My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:

https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

Twitter: treadmill treats 

Instagram: treadmilltreats

Facebook :treadmill treats

Http://Www.treadmilltreats.com

#treadmilltreats 
#Theblessingindisguise 
#blog 
#blogger 
#love 
#instagram 
#lifestyle 
#blogging
#influencer 
#bloggers
#bloggerlife 
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration 
#success 
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry

Comments

Popular Posts