Celebrating My Birthday
Celebrating My Birthday
So this weekend was my birthday and even though leading up to it I haven't been myself, I decided to be in the moment.
I have to be honest, I've been down lately. With all that's going on in the world which sickens me every single day. With clients cutting hours because they can't afford me. With my bills that keep going up and things like my insurance, my broken electrical panel and needing to pay for that and a new air conditioner unit, it has been tough.
Everyday it has been a struggle to get out of bed feeling like I am in the movie groundhogs day. Over and over the same horrible things in the world, the same terrible people on social media tearing down others based on race, religion or sexual orientation. Sometimes it gets to be too much and yes, even Ms. Positive can get to feeling this way.
But this weekend I decided to take time off from social media and be in the moment. Friday I had a lovely lunch with a dear friend and her mom who I've known since before I got married. I then went for a nice relaxing facial. Afterwards I got some takeout, went home, took a hot shower, got in my pj's and watched some uplifting movies on Netflix.
On Saturday I went to some yard sales, one of my favorite things to do, then to my favorite place, the beach. I heard from a bunch of old friends wishing me a happy birthday and I wrote…a lot. I didn't scroll, instead I wrote for hours. I went home, took a nap (another one of my favorite things) and went out with some dear friends to a local dive bar we love, to hear a live band.
Yesterday I went to the beach with my girls, my best friend and her daughter. They brought a charcuterie board and some wine. Then later my girls and their boyfriends cooked me dinner and gave me my favorite cake. Strawberry Ice cream cake.
I tell you all this because I know many people are feeling like this lately. And we all need to unplug, to be in the moment to get to a better place. This weekend taught me to appreciate all that I have. I am blessed to have my girls, my dear friends and the fact that no matter what I am still here. God gave me another year here. I am grateful that I can see…the ocean, the clouds and the people I love.
I am grateful to hear the birds, the band, and the people who told me that they loved me.
I am grateful to be able to walk, and to dance.
That I am blessed to have a home and a car and a business when so many do not.
I have what so many people are praying for. I need to step back and give thanks for all of it. Not that I don't every single day but more on days like this. I could be alone, I could not have all that I am blessed with. I know what hitting rock bottom feels like and I am so grateful I am not there but here, even with all that is hard right now, I am glad for where I am.
So today my friends remember I know it's hard but sometimes we need to stop, we need to step back, live in the moment and look around at all we have and be truly grateful. We need to remember that this too shall pass. And we need to hold on to faith.
To all that made this weekend incredibly special, that brought hope and joy to me, thank you! I love you all and I am so grateful for all of you.
We can all be the change we want to see if we stop, be in the moment and be grateful.
@TreadmillTreats
Check out my daily blogs @ https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1
Www.treadmilltreats.com
**Now released my latest book**
The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed
https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19
***Now available***
My 1st book The blessing in Disguise
Selling on my website:
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
And on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise
http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise
My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:
https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
Twitter: treadmill treats
Instagram: treadmilltreats
Facebook :treadmill treats
Http://Www.treadmilltreats.com
#treadmilltreats
#Theblessingindisguise
#blog
#blogger
#love
#instagram
#lifestyle
#blogging
#influencer
#bloggers
#bloggerlife
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration
#success
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry
Comments
Post a Comment