I Am One Tough Bitch

I Am One Tough Bitch

I come from a family of strong women, my Aunt Kay, my dad's sister was the matriarch of the family. She was 5'0, she was little but everyone was afraid of her, because she was the ultimate tough bitch. She passed that down to her daughter, my cousin Cindy who inherited her ways and trust and believe she could do anything a man can do and better, she was my Shero!

My Aunt Nancy and my mother were also cut from the same cloth. They were both hard workers doing whatever needed to be done for their families. They both worked the night shift in a diner for 20 years. My mom would come home after working all night, change her clothes and start working with my step father on our 100 year old farmhouse we lived in. I don't remember a time when my parents weren't working on that house.

We were poor and when you're poor you learn to do things yourself because you can't afford to hire people to do them for you so you just have to figure it out. My mom worked right beside my dad, doing whatever he did. She dug holes, changed pipes under the house, built rooms, she wasn't afraid to try anything. 

I was fortunate enough to inherit all of these qualities from these amazing women. I am not afraid of power tools, I can change plumbing, fix things, put together and build things. I remember even putting in a wood floor in my new home. There is nothing I won't try to do. And thank God for Youtube because if you don't know how to do something, you can go on there and learn just about anything.
  
These women taught me how to be self-sufficient and I am not afraid of hard work because I've learned these things from the women that came before me and they were and are role models in my life.

I'll never forget when I learned how to put pavers in the backyard and how to to put up a fence. My childhood friend came down to help me and I was shoveling, digging and swinging the hammer right beside him. That was all new to me but I was not afraid of hard work and I was excited to be able to say I did this. It is a great feeling of accomplishment when you do something yourself.

This whole buying a house on my own thing has been a trip but a good trip as I have learned all that I am capable of doing. This has made me tougher and I give thanks to the strong, tough bitch's that came before me to show me the way and let me know that you can do anything even if you're a woman.

So today my friends know that you can do anything, do not put limits on yourself because you are a woman. Learn something new, become self sufficient, it's amazing how you feel when you realize that you are a tough bitch!
You can be the change you want to see.
@TreadmillTreats
Check out today's blog 
https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1
https://francescavillardienterprises.com 
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
Join our women's community @SoulSistersSoulutions

Check me out on 
Youtube:
Twitter:  
Instagram:
Facebook :
@Treadmilltreats
Now released my latest book**

The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed

https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19

#treadmilltreats 

#Theblessingindisguise 

#blog 

#blogger 

#love 

#instagram 

#lifestyle 

#blogging

#influencer 

#bloggers

#bloggerlife 

#Garyvee

#Jayshetty

#write

#writer

#motivationalspeaker

#motivation

#motivationalquotes

#motivational

#inspiration 

#success 

#quotes

#soulsisterssoulution

#NewYorktimesbestseller

#Oprah

#TylerPerry






Comments

Popular Posts