I Want For My Daughters What I Didn't Get For Myself
I Want For My Daughters What I Didn't Get For Myself
I Want For My Daughters What I Didn't Get For Myself
If you know me or follow me you probably know my story. I started this blog because back then there wasn't social media. I couldn't find other women who were going through the same things that I was. I knew that there had to be others out here, even when I felt so alone. So I started writing about my painful journey to help others not feel so alone.
But most of all I hoped to pass down lessons to my two beautiful daughters, who I love more than life itself. I never want them to go through what I have been through. I have tried, since I left their father, over and over to instill in them self worth, independence and to find their own voice. Things that took me years of pain to get back.
Even when their own father was tearing them down, I continued to build them up.
I wanted them to never put up with a man who demeans them, who controls them or puts them down. I wanted them to earn their own money, know their worth so they could walk away and not be stuck like me for 24 years, not having a voice and hating my life. Yet no matter what you do sometimes they are determined to repeat your mistakes.
Sometimes there is something broken in them as well as it was in you. Or maybe they are chasing a daddy figure, someone who is just like their dad. They say that you run to what is comfortable so maybe that is it. Whatever it is, I've learned that they need to learn the hard way. They need to learn the lessons you already went through even though you would sell your own soul just so they wouldn't have to go through the pain that you did. Sometimes you must let them get their own pain or as my girlfriend says all the time "Go get your pain, girl”
Sometimes, hell most times they are not going to listen to you. They are “In love” or they say “He loves me!” and the more you speak even the truth, the more they will shut you out.
So I will keep quiet, and I will keep praying that my girls have learned the lessons that I have lived without going through them, themselves.
So today my friends remember, everyone must do their own walk. As much as you would love to take their pain, you cannot. This is their lessons, and this is their pain that will hopefully teach them what you already learned. But still every day I pray for my daughters what I didn't get for myself.
And try to remember that we all must learn to be the change we want to see, in our own time.
@TreadmillTreats
Check out my daily blogs @ https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1
Www.treadmilltreats.com
**Now released my latest book**
The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed
https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19
***Now available***
My 1st book The blessing in Disguise
Selling on my website:
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
And on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise
http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise
My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:
https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
Twitter: treadmill treats
Instagram: treadmilltreats
Facebook :treadmill treats
Http://Www.treadmilltreats.com
#treadmilltreats
#Theblessingindisguise
#blog
#blogger
#love
#instagram
#lifestyle
#blogging
#influencer
#bloggers
#bloggerlife
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration
#success
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry
Comments
Post a Comment