What I Learned In My 13 Years Of Freedom

What I Learned In My 13 Years Of Freedom 

So I've been divorced for the last 13 years. If you don't know my story, I was in a verbally abusive marriage for 24 years. When my mom died suddenly I realized that you don't know how much time you have left and finally decided to leave.

Since then I have learned plenty of lessons so I would like to pass some on.
I learned to have faith. 
I learned to trust God.
I learned self worth.
I learned self love.
I learned that I can take care of myself and my girls.
I learned that not everyone has your heart. 
I learned some times when you keep picking losers, the denominating factor is you. And that you need to seek help to find out why you keep doing the same things or picking the same type of men.

I realized PTSD is not just for soldiers but people who are abused as well. I learned again that therapy will help you with your anxiety and trauma. 
I learned all the pain that I caused to my children by staying in this marriage. 
I learned to admit and own what I did in this marriage and to forgive what he did. 
Big, tough lesson! 

I learned to live life large.
To step out on your fears. 
I learned that you are not promised tomorrow so live it like it was your last day. 
I learned joy and laughter is the best medicine. 
I learned coming home to peace is greater than money.
I learned that friends can be the family you choose for yourself.
I learned that having a United Nations of different friends can enrich your life. 
That food can bring people together, that opening up your home to others who have no family close by, can make you a family. 

I learned to trust my institution. 
I learned that there are good men out there.
I learned to be by myself and heal. 
I learned that change is a good thing. No, it's a great thing.  

So today my friends remember we all have a say in our lives, in our journey. You are the captain of your own ship. Yes, change may be scary but staying where you are miserable is even worse. Don't have any regrets, I know that if I could change anything it would be that I should have left earlier. But I didn't, so this is why I tell my story because maybe just maybe, someone will take this to heart, knowing that there is a life out there just waiting for them to step out of their fear. 
And like I say at the end of every blog only you can be the change you want to see. 
@TreadmillTreats
Check out my daily blogs @ https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1

Www.treadmilltreats.com 

**Now released my latest book**

The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed

https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19

***Now available***

My 1st book The blessing in Disguise 

Selling on my website:

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

And on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise

http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise

My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:

https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

Twitter: treadmill treats 

Instagram: treadmilltreats

Facebook :treadmill treats

Http://Www.treadmilltreats.com

#treadmilltreats 
#Theblessingindisguise 
#blog 
#blogger 
#love 
#instagram 
#lifestyle 
#blogging
#influencer 
#bloggers
#bloggerlife 
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration 
#success 
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry

Comments

Popular Posts