Let's Let It Go...
Let's Let It Go...
I know that in my life I have done a lot of "do as I say not as I do" moments and I realized that not taking my own advice stinks! I tell everyone not to worry, don't stress, make peace with those who did you wrong, let it go...but to tell you the truth this is not so easy to do. I am human and occasionally I let life get the best of me as well.
I have come to realize that my advice is really good (if I do say so myself) and that I not only need to tell it but I need to listen to it too.
I am not big on New Y
ears resolutions but I am big on change. I said I was going to not bring the sins of past relationships into the future and I worked hard not to do that. I do not blame all men for the sins of the ones that I clearly picked.
I have tried to listen to my inner voice and God's voice in my life. I heard my Bishop say you need to love your enemies even when they are after you and my inner voice said to listen. I remember when I wrote about my ex and how what he had done had affected me. I was angry, I wanted vengeance. I wanted him to suffer like I suffered for 24 years but that is not "Christ like" and even though I wanted revenge I really didn't want to feel like this about anyone. I didn't want to hate anyone because I know that feeling ruins the peace and joy I have in my life now. You can't have both.
Now let me be honest, it took me a long time to get to this point. I can remember years ago when my Bishop said pray for your ex, I said
“I pray he gets hit by a bus”. Okay, don't judge, I was just starting on my walk. I have come a long way since then.
As you can clearly see when I wrote this to him. I needed to say this to him and to God.
“I apologize for all the unkind words I spoke to you, I do not wish to fight with you anymore. I am sorry for the role I played in the demise of our marriage. I have forgiven you for what had happened and your part and I hope one day you will forgive me for what I did.
We have children, we will always be connected through them and there was a time when they were born that we were happy. It didn't work out between us, it doesn't mean that we have to go on hating each other and trying to hurt one another”
“From today on if you want to keep this going that will be on you...I will play no role in it. If you want to take me to court, go ahead...If you say bad things about me, it's okay. if you want to be vindictive and feel you have to get back at me...go for it.
I will no longer be playing this game with you. I wish you well, I hope one day you can be happy. I chose to live my life with peace and joy and hope you will learn to do the same.
Your actions will no longer affect me or my life. From this day forward I will try my best to be "Christ like" to forgive, to love my enemies and to live my life not affected by what you do or do not do or by what you say. Today I am letting this go and I am hoping you will as well”
So today my friends feel free to copy and paste and send to your ex. It's not about them, it's not about if they respond kindly or not, this is for you. You do not need and most likely will not get an apology and that's okay. Saying this will change your life, just like forgiving others will do for you. It's about you, and not holding on to the hatred that is killing you while they go about their lives. This is you letting go and doing the right thing, whether or not they do.
So let's all sing together…Let it go....let it go....”
“Only you can be the change you want to see”
@TreadmillTreats
Check out today's blog
https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1
https://francescavillardienterprises.com
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
Join our women's community @SoulSistersSoulutions
Check me out on
Youtube:
Twitter:
Instagram:
Facebook :
@Treadmilltreats
Now released my latest book**
The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed
https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19
#treadmilltreats
#Theblessingindisguise
#blog
#blogger
#love
#instagram
#lifestyle
#blogging
#influencer
#bloggers
#bloggerlife
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration
#success
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry
Comments
Post a Comment