Social Media Fasting
Social Media Fasting
So someone online started this social media fast from August 1-7 and I decided that I would jump on this bandwagon. If you know me or follow me you know that I do a fast at the beginning of the year with my church. I also add to that fast no social media. I want to cleanse myself out, from my body to my brain.
And to be honest, lately being on social media is not okay for my health. Every time I go on I either get depressed, I am sad or I am angry. Look don't get me wrong, social media keeps us informed like no other time in history. We need this, they didn't have this in Natzi Germany and look how long it took them to get informed or get involved.
But with what is going on in this world today, personally I cannot have so much bad being thrown at me at one time. I am empathetic and this affects me deeply. So this came at a perfect time, when I was getting overwhelmed by all the horrible things going on in this world. I needed to put some positivity in my soul, to refill me with goodness.
It's funny how we don't even realize how much time we spend stuck to our phones.
I kept wanting to grab my phone and mindlessly scroll but kept having to tell myself to put it down, to do something else.
So I cleaned out things in my desk, I wrote more, I've been watching more inspirational videos or movies. I deleted many, many emails. I worked more on my business. All these endless hours just scrolling is making our brains mush.
And it has also made me calmer. I am not so anxious or angry. I even went on a date, which I haven't done in I don't know how long.
All in all this feels good.
I am still informed because I listen to the radio (Yes, I am one of those dinosaurs) so I hear 3 minutes of the news every few hours to make sure the world is not blowing up, and that is enough for me.
So today my friends remember we must all unplug every once in a while. We all need to recharge our batteries, to blow out all the negative and refill with the positive. We all need to step away from our screens and do a social media fast.
Because only you can be the change you want to see.
@TreadmillTreats
Check out today's blog
https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1
https://francescavillardienterprises.com
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
Join our women's community @SoulSistersSoulutions
Check me out on
Youtube:
Twitter:
Instagram:
Facebook :
@Treadmilltreats
Now released my latest book**
The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed
https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19
#treadmilltreats
#Theblessingindisguise
#blog
#blogger
#love
#instagram
#lifestyle
#blogging
#influencer
#bloggers
#bloggerlife
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration
#success
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry
Comments
Post a Comment