The lessons I've learned from going back home

Tuesday Treadmill Treats
The best of Treadmill Treats
The lessons I've learned from going back home
This week as I traveled back home with my girls, it brought back many memories of the first trip back home when I first got single and so I thought I'd rerun this one...
There were many lessons that I've learned from my vacation trip home. The first lesson is that you can come home, even after twenty-five years, that home is where your heart and soul is. It is where you go to get refreshed and renewed.
That the people that have known you all your life will be there for you without judgment or criticism but with open arms and love because they know the very core of who you are.
I write about everything that happens in my life, I am a open book to everyone because I want to try to inspire others and show them that no one is perfect.
Sometimes we just put on a front to pretend who we are or who we want you to think we are but we have all made horrible mistakes and if we cant talk about them how are we suppose to learn from them?
So when I came home it wasnt with my head hanging low, thinking how I failed at my life and at my marriage. No, I owned the mistakes I have made, I talked about the lessons I have learned and I was honest about what happened.
I was proud of how I took back my life, how I found myself again and how grateful I was to be able to come full circle and come back home.
There are no failures if you learned a lesson, there is olny failures if you repeat your mistakes.
There were many lessons I learned on my recent vacation home.
First lesson: You can always go home, home is where your heart is. Its the place where the people who know you, the good, the bad, the ugly and the really stupid! And yet still love you and are there for you.
Second lesson: Enjoy every moment, live in that moment and know you are blessed for being able to be there, savor it, treasure it.
Third lesson: Love people for their hearts, who you know they truly are, pass over the faults, we all have them.
Fourth lesson: Learn to like yourself and be okay with who you are, you are perfect, after all, you are God's child and he doesn't make mistakes.
Fifth lesson: You have to do you, you cant make people happy, you cant please everyone. Do you, let them do them, if they are not happy its on them not you!
(Big, big lesson for me!!)
Sixth lesson: Let your kids see you truly happy, it will change how they see you! When your truly happy so are they.
Seventh lesson: Be grateful for every moment, every second, every friend, every family member, every good time and yes, even for the bad times because they are there for a reason, to teach you a lesson.
Coming home for me was a full circle moment, I left home twenty-five years ago a self confident, strong and independent women who didnt take shit from anyone, yet some how I gave my power away to try to please someone else but with God and some incredible friends and family, I found my way back me and so when came home this time,
I was strong, hell stronger!
I was a independent, self assured women with a hell of a testimony to tell.
I went through the fire and came out a Phoenix, stronger and more powerful than before!
So today my friends, remember we all have lessons to learn, you just have to make sure your open to receive them.
Remember you can always go home because home is where your heart is.
"Be the change you want to see"
 
"And just when the caterpillar thought his life over...he turned into a beautiful butterfly"
***Now available***
My new book The blessing in Disguise
Selling on my website:
Http://www.treadmilltreats.com
And on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise
http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise
My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:
https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM
Twitter: treadmill treats
Instragram: treadmilltreats
Facebook :treadmill treats

Comments

Popular Posts