Life is too short not to forgive

Life is too short not to forgive

Life is way too short, you must forgive the people in your life, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. If covid taught us anything, it is that you never know what will happen or who you will lose suddenly.

Look, we have all done and said things to our loved ones that we regretted. If we could have, we would have gone back in time to take it back. I always talk about words that can cut more than a knife. I know this for a fact. I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of that knife, so that has made me very careful of my words to everyone in my life. I chose my words carefully so that I never hurt others as I was hurt.

We all make mistakes, and we all screw up. We all say or do things in anger, and then what happens is, hopefully, we are ashamed, or we are too proud to say we are sorry. Sometimes, we think we are right, and we will not give in. Before you know it, weeks, months, and years go by with both people not waiting to give in.

My mother was my best friend and a wonderful mother, yet she said some things that hurt me to the core. She told me to suck it up, and she said I could never make it on my own when I came to her pouring my heart out that I was dying in my marriage. 

How does your own mother say that she didn't think you could make it? The hurt was beyond words, and yes, I was pissed. We didn't speak for a while. Then I realized she is my mother and no, she is not perfect. She only knew what she was taught. She also didn't have a handbook to raise a child because they don't come with one. We are all just winging it!

We do some incredible things, and yes, we screw up big time. We have to look at where this is coming from. How was that person raised? My mother's mother was a bitter, mean woman. My mother couldn't talk to her about anything, and besides in her generation, you just sucked it up. You didn't talk about things. There was none of this touchy, feely stuff!

They survived wars, depressions, no food, and lack of everything, so they were tough. You didn't tell your problems to anyone. You put your big girl panties on and kept it moving.

Maybe your parents were Bi polar or their parents were. Maybe they drank, maybe they were raised with no affection, these are just a few of the reasons that they might have done or said certain things. My mom could talk about anything that wasn't personal. But I never came to her with boy problems or deep issues. Hell, after I was raped and she took me to get the abortion while we were going home, she said "Okay this is done, so we shall never talk of this again." 
Like dusting it under the rug was going to make it go away or make it all better.

That is how she coped with things. I was upset and hurt, and I needed to talk. I was young and scared but she could not talk about it.
I could not hate her or be angry for skills she didn't possess.  

So I forgave her, she was my mother. She did the best she knew how to. That is all she could do. One of my favorite sayings of Maya Angelo was, "When you know better, you do better." 

That is perfect because maybe your mom was a baby when she had you, so she didn't know how to raise herself yet alone, a baby. Maybe now knowing the things she does, she would have done it differently. When we know better, we do better.

You need to forgive. You need to let it go. You never know when life is going to end. My mom was healthy, and one day, she was here, and the next, she was gone, just like that. Now, if I was still angry with her, I would have missed all that time until she died. I would have had regrets for the rest of my life, I would have wished things could have been different. 

So today,my friends don't let fights, words, or anger get to you and keep you away from the ones you love.
Say your sorry, forgive, or except an apology, you will never know if this might be the last day you see them.
And I know that I, personally, never want to live my life with regrets! Life's too short to live with regrets.

“Be the change you want to see”
@TreadmillTreats
Check out my daily blogs @ https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1

Www.treadmilltreats.com 

**Now released my latest book**

The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed

https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19

***Now available***

My 1st book The blessing in Disguise 

Selling on my website:

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

And on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise

http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise

My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:

https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

Twitter: treadmill treats 

Instagram: treadmilltreats

Facebook :treadmill treats

Http://Www.treadmilltreats.com

#treadmilltreats 
#Theblessingindisguise 
#blog 
#blogger 
#love 
#instagram 
#lifestyle 
#blogging
#influencer 
#bloggers
#bloggerlife 
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration 
#success 
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry

Comments

Popular Posts