Hello! I Am Waiting!

Hello!...I am waiting....

Yes, we are all waiting on something, and sometimes it seems like we have been waiting forever.
I have always talked about me asking God, “When is my season coming? Haven't I been waiting long enough? And my all-time favorite, When God when?”
Look, I am human, and like most people, I want what I want, when I want it.

We live in a drive through society. We want it now, and it better be fast. We feel like we are owed certain things, like we are entitled. Come on, let's go, is our favorite saying, especially if you're a New Yorker.

Sometimes, because of our impatience, we jump into things that are not always so great for us.This is a big one when it comes to relationships, and so many people do this. We want a wife, a husband, or a boyfriend or girlfriend so bad that we can't wait, we don't listen to the inner voice or God's voice saying hold up. No, we want it now, and we run full steam ahead.

So many times we take the first one that comes around because we are afraid that if we don't, we will be alone and hey, someone is better than no one, right?
No! Sometimes, there is a reason. Maybe you need to grow. Maybe at this point of your life, you need to be free to explore things you want to do and see. Maybe, just maybe, you need to learn a lesson, that it's better to be alone than to be with someone who makes you feel lonely.

Maybe you're waiting on your career for your big break. You worked hard, you know that this is your purpose, you know you are good at what you do, yet you're thinking, come on when is this coming? When will my big break happen?
But maybe you are not ready yet, maybe God or the universe is lining up things on your behalf so when your big break comes, you will be ready. We all need to start small. We must all crawl before we walk and walk before we run.

Here's the thing, as much as I want it now, I do not have any doubt that this blog will be an international hit or that my book will be a New York Times bestseller. But it will not be on my time.
Do I doubt that I will be speaking to thousands of people?
Hell, no...I know it's coming, just as I knew when I put it out there that I was going to leave my marriage, that I would be able to support myself, that I was going to get the home I live in, that my life would be filled with peace and joy.

I had a vision, and I had a dream. I envisioned it, and I put it on my vision board. I ate this, breathed this, and I never once stopped believing and guess what? I got it. So, do I not believe this will happen again? Oh, I am betting the house that it will. I have big faith, I have big dreams... now I just need big patience.

Yes, I like you, want it now, come on, when is it coming? But I know all good things come to those who wait, faith without works is dead and it's all in your season…Yes, we've heard them all, and I can go on and on and guess what? Sometimes, we need to just keep telling ourselves this just to reinforce it in our heads.

So today, my friends, remember that yes, it's coming, just hold on, and keep the faith. But until it does, just enjoy this moment, live in this second, learn the lessons and have faith that it will come to you when you are ready, truly ready and try to not say too many times...Hello! I'm waiting.

"Be the change you want to see,"
@TreadmillTreats

Comments

Popular Posts