Quitting The Things You Love

Quitting The Things That You Love

I know many people say it's too hard to quit things
Of course, many of the things we need to quit are bad for us. I quit doing drugs 37 years ago. I was addicted to cocaine for years. I quit drinking soda 30 years ago. I was a 2- 2 liter a day Pepsi drinker. How did I do it? I started to wean myself off by drinking cans of soda instead. I went from three cans a day to two cans a day to one can every day for lunch. Then I only treated myself if I had pizza or antipasto, and all these years later, that's the only time I'll drink soda.

I quit smoking cigarettes for 8 years. Then, not too long ago, I got a really stressful job, I didn't know what to do with my stress, and instead of taking drugs again, I started smoking cigarettes. But as soon as I quit the job, I quit cigarettes again.

I quit eating foods I love because they're not good for me. Yes, quitting is a hard thing, especially when you love something. I loved soda, I loved smoking cigarettes, I loved really rich, high calorie foods, and I loved doing drugs so much that I became a drug addict so I get it. Stepping away from things that you love is a really hard thing to do. This can even include relationships that are bad for you. Somehow we keep going back to or attracting the same type of person.

Have I ever looked at somebody who's smoking a cigarette and think what I wouldn't do to have a drag of that cigarette? All the time, it's not an easy thing. It's especially not easy when you're an addict. Once you're an addict, you're always an addict. So I just tell myself that I know these things aren't good for me and I want to be in the best possible health that I can be and so for that I have to walk away and stay away from the things I know aren't good for me, which is hard.

So today, my friends, I am here to say that it is possible to walk away from the things that are bad for you. You just have to ask yourself what is more important, the feeling at that moment or having a lifetime of good health and hopefully a longer life. Every day, I choose to be the change I want to see.
The choice is yours, choose wisely.
@TreadmillTreats
Check out my daily blogs @ https://treadmilltreats.blogspot.com/?m=1

Www.treadmilltreats.com 

**Now released my latest book**

The Blessing in Disguise.... revealed

https://www.amazon.com/Blessing-Disguise-Revealed-story-faith/dp/1074340493/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=the+blessing+in+disguise&qid=1561392004&s=books&sr=1-19

***Now available***

My 1st book The blessing in Disguise 

Selling on my website:

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

And on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1462358109&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+blessing+in+Disguise

http://www.am6azon.com/gp/aw/d/0692437398/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1434452632&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=the+Blessing+in+Disguise

My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:

https://youtu.be/LDSXCFJVnzM

Http://www.treadmilltreats.com

Twitter: treadmill treats 

Instagram: treadmilltreats

Facebook :treadmill treats

Http://Www.treadmilltreats.com

#treadmilltreats 
#Theblessingindisguise 
#blog 
#blogger 
#love 
#instagram 
#lifestyle 
#blogging
#influencer 
#bloggers
#bloggerlife 
#Garyvee
#Jayshetty
#write
#writer
#motivationalspeaker
#motivation
#motivationalquotes
#motivational
#inspiration 
#success 
#quotes
#soulsisterssoulution
#NewYorktimesbestseller
#Oprah
#TylerPerry

Comments

Popular Posts